Monday, June 4, 2012

Wisconsin Dells to Valparaiso June 2, 2012

Today we tried to outsmart the toll roads, but gave in after 2 1/2 hours extra driving time.  I was thinking I paid enough taxes to keep the roads in good condition.  It seems that I have to pay to drive on a road with roadwork and speed limits of 45.  Where the speed limit did rise to 55 I drove 65 and everyone else drove 75!  I'm talking Chicago area.  Now I know what my friend means when she says, "Don't worry, I'm from Chicago" when we're out shopping and she almost misses her turn!

At lunch, Tom had a crown break while eating french fries.  Arg.  Do we have to find a dentist now?


Our route took us through Valparaiso to visit Tom's aunt and uncle.  After dinner they took us by his cousin's house.  A cousin he hadn't seen in about 40 years.  We all had a great visit.  We got back to our hotel late and went to bed.  I didn't even stop to blog.  Sorry.



Tom, Uncle Hughie, Cindy, Aunt Katie
Brian, Ken, Cousin Ruth, Mitchell

No comments:

Post a Comment