Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Only Slightly Centsible


Here I am again! Amazing, huh? Yesterday was my 36th wedding anniversary. After going out for lunch with my husband to Red Lobster, we headed over to one of our local nurseries to see what broad leaf evergreens they had. This particular nursery is not inexpensive, but they have employees with an abundance of knowledge and stock great plants. We picked out six plants and my husband said, "Happy Anniversary!" They are called Silver Princess Boxleaf Euonymus. The colors are lovely and look very attractive in the side flower beds. The beds are raised and made of slumpstone.

The 'not centsible' part of this is that the plants were $12 each! Yikes! The conversation with the owner and master gardner, Ken Lain was worth it, however. I have spied around our property and have found a few more places where I can place some nice plants. Most likely, any future plants will be purchased at Lowe's or Home Depot.

No comments:

Post a Comment